Sunday, September 22, 2013

My Autumnal Equinox


For years it has been a tradition, on the eve of the autumnal equinox
I set up for a blot to the Vana Gods for frith, grith and abundant harvest.
I call the Gods and raise a horn and offer it to them. I besprinkle myself
and the harrow with the Holy liquid and pour out the horn to The Vanagods.
Every time there is a treat for me, I see many things like animals and
once a baby squirrel came out and climbed upon my foot and rested his paws
upon my leg. These animals are sent out by the Gods to greet me.

The weekend that corresponds with the autumnal equinox I like to go to the
Renascence Faire and celebrate the turning season and its bounty with
carousing, singing, dancing and seasonal activities with friends.

I go apple and berry picking to make pies and preserves and start the mead
and beer from the seasons harvest. Sipping hot spiced cyder and taking
long walks while listening to the sounds of the first leaves underfoot and
the squirrels frolicking in the trees in the odd, golden, slanted light of
the setting autumn sun. Thus I cross the threshold into my favorite season.

No comments:

Post a Comment